September 3, 2009

Cartoons That Could Do Well In Live-Action Territory (If Done Right) Part Three

Now belonging to this blog, I feel I should do one of these as a rite of passage. And even though I have a list of action packed cartoons on my list, I felt I should do something a bit different than what Tanner and Murph have posted.

Stop me if you've heard this one: girl tries to lead a fairly average life while moonlighting as a world famous pop sensation. Sound familiar? If you said Hannah Montana, I'm going to kill you face clean off.

I'm talking about...
Jem




For those of you not familiar with this series, Jem is the alter ego of Jerrica Benton, owner of Starlight Music. Jerrica must juggle duties of manager of Starlight and her super rockin career as Jem, lead singer of the holograms (let's see Miley try to run her own studio. BOOYAH, BABY BILLY RAY!!!). But instead of just donning a wig, Jerrica becomes Jem using Synergy, her father's greatest invention. For those wondering, Synergy was a holographic computer designed as a state-of-the-art audio/visual synthesizer (SYNergy!!! GET IT?!?!?!)

Jem travels around with her band/friends, the Holograms. However, trouble always follows due to their rival band known as the Misfits (not to be confused with that incredibly bad ace band that Hot Topic has milked the crud out of). They'd most likely just use the Stingers as the rival band, so as not to confuse anyone (plus I have a good feeling shirts for this movie will eventually land in Hot Topic).

If this were to be transferred to the screen, it would be best done as a musical dramedy. Part of me wants to see Jem as a bit of an indy pop/rocker type, but I'll still be fine as the strictly glitterized pop songstress. She needs to run into the Misfits quite a bit (and maybe the Stingers for the crazy, pretentious, nostalgia freak like me).

Casting. For casting............ okay ya got me there. I don't get as into picking actors out like Tanner and Murphy. I say just grab a talented unknown off broadway and see what happens.

Okay, so mine wasn't as detailed as the boys', but it got my point across. We need a Jem movie to be an ultra rocking anti-Hannah Montana.

I am Olivia and I am done.

1 comment:

  1. I am Darcie, and I want to be a lesbian for you. Cause you rock my blog reading eyes off!

    ReplyDelete