April 25, 2009

My Comic Book Dream Roles

I am many things. A son, a brother, a friend, a mind. But there's two things that most know me as: a comic book fan and an actor.

As comic book fan, I dream of being various heroes that I read about. As an actor, I dream of big roles that I'd like to get the chance to obtain. When the two meet, I'm a hopeless, geeky actor who thinks about various characters I'd like to play.

Now, many roles I've dreamed of have already been taken (Robin, Rorschach, the Spirit, Abe Sapien), some may not really get the chance to make it to the screen (Mr. A, Dagwood, Jason Blood, The Drummer), and some I just really don't fit (Adam Warlock, Hawkeye, the Darkness, Orion).

And now, the ever-expanding list of various comic book (and comic strip) characters I'd like to portray.

Lightray
Cannonball
Blue Beetle/Ted Kord
The Creeper
The Drummer
Jason Blood [I would love to play Jason's demon identity, Etrigan, but he'd most likely have to be done using a suit actor and/or CGI]
Beetle Bailey
Deadman
Speedball/Penance
Plastic Man
Hawkeye/Clint Barton
Max Mercury
The Blue Devil
Mandrake the Magician
Black Mask
The Darkness
Gentleman Ghost
Madman
Quicksilver
Elongated Man
The Escapist
Shadowhawk
Forager
The Amazing Screw-On Head
Metron
Mr. A
Mad Hatter
Ant-Man/Scott Lang
Star
Metallo
Dr. Strange
The Cavilier
Cosmic Boy
Dagwood
The Bouncing Beatnik
Doctor Light
Namor, the Sub-Mariner
Sandman/Wesley Dodds
Orion
Loki
The Question/Vic Sage
Dove/Don Hall
Vision
Dr. Mid-Nite
Union Jack/Joey Chapman
Toyman
Invincible
Green Lantern/Kyle Rayner
Adam Warlock
Hourman
Cracker Jack
Doctor Fate/Kent Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment