July 24, 2009

Cartoon's That Could Do Well In Live-Action Territory (If Done Right) Part Two

Geek friend Friday will return next week because I thought of a good part two in this blog series from me and Murph.

I enjoyed Murphy's choices in out first installment. I've always said Gargoyles would be a great live-action flick, but I never gave that much thought about Bravestarr. Great thoughts on that one, Murph.

My choice today is another from the golden days of 80's action toons.

Centurions




A high-octane, fast-paced sci-fi adventure with lots of explosions. Spells out summer blockbuster to me.

This is something that's so crazy that's there's not too many ways to mess it up. With those accelerator suits, maybe we should start referring to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra as a prototype Centurions flick (or maybe I'll just tell myself that so I'll calm down a bit).

Now, the origin treatment would most likely be how the first movie plays out, especially if they want to turn it into a franchise. But it's also something in which the first few minutes of the movie could establish what the Centurions are all about. I say the trailer could pretty much be a super sleek version of the old cartoon intro.

As for casting, I can think of at least two actors I'd like to see in it. Gerard Butler as Max Ray, Bradley Cooper as Ace McCloud and Nathan Fillion as Jake Rockwell.

So that's my choice for today. I have another, but I'll save it because Murphy already handled a sci-fi western in the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment